Digital Image and Culture Assignment Three Critical Essay
Assignment 3 – Critical Essay
A3 Critical Essay
Write a critical essay in response to ONE of the following questions:
- Using relevant case studies, discuss whether digital cameras and related technologies for the dissemination of digital imagery have affected our choice of subject matter or how we take photographs.
- Has the ‘digital revolution’ created more problems than opportunities for today’s professional photographers? Discuss this question using relevant case studies and/or specific aspects of modern professional photography.
- Discuss how the conditions of the ‘post-photographic era’ relate to a particular area or institution of photography.
- What is your understanding of the ‘digital self’ and what is the effect of our everyday use of photography upon it? Discuss using relevant case studies and published research.
Please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Your essay should be 2,500 words, +/- 10% excluding quotes.
- Include a cover page with the title and a word count, including and excluding quotations and any footnotes.
- Include examples to illustrate your discussion and list your sources in a list of illustrations at the front of the essay.
- Your essay should be fully referenced and include a bibliography at the end. Follow the guide to academic referencing on the student website.
- Your essay should be in a standard font and 1.5 or double-line spaced.
- You may include additional material (primary research, correspondence) within appendices at the end if you wish.
If you wish to write your own essay question you may do so, but please confirm your title with your tutor before you start writing.